Saturday 29 June 2013

Happiness Idioms

Do you ever find it difficult to describe how you are feeling in English? Do you get tired of answering, “Good,” when someone asks you, “How are you?”


Here you have eight awesome idioms to spice up (enrich) your English!  You can really surprise native speakers by mastering and using these expressions to describe how you are REALLY feeling.

These idioms all have to do with happiness. When you are feeling great don’t just say, “I’m great,” say it in a way that truly shows how good you feel!

·        IDIOMS WITH EXAMPLES

1. -”Hey Rodrigo, how did you like your trip to New York?”
-”I had a whale of a time shopping on 5th Avenue!”









2. I thought I was going to fail my English test, but I got an A! I’m on cloud 9 today.
                                                              




3. I’m tickled pink that you remembered that today is my birthday!

                                                               







4. Cameron just got a scholarship to study English for six months in London. He’s really on top of the world!








5. Look at that big smile on your face, you look as happy as a clam!
                                              




6. He’s been buzzing ever since he passed the FIRST CERTIFICATE exam.




7. We would be over the moon if we won the lottery.
                                                                   


8. Jenna is always in seventh heaven when she eats good chocolate ice cream.


No comments:

Post a Comment